It is difficult to find a fashionable option that is comfortable too. But shoes play both roles very masterfully. There are various categories of shoes available in the market like casual shoes, sneakers, sports shoes, formal shoes and more. Furthermore, each one has a huge variety of designs. That makes them fashionable and versatile. But what makes them comfortable?
If you are thinking about sole you are somewhere right but if your answer is material then you are absolutely right. Imagine having a sole of iron, does that work for you? NO, right. You required the right sole of the right material for your comfort and let’s see what’s this article ‘Which sole is best for shoes?’ have for us in store.
There are plenty of options in the shoe category for soles. Below is the list of the most popular ones among the best soles :
- Leather Soles
- Rubber Soles
- PU soles or Polyurethane Soles
- PVC soles or Polyvinyl Chloride Soles
- Thermoplastic Rubber Shoe Soles
- Cork Soles
- Commando Soles
Leather Soles are more common in the luxury section. The shoes with leather soles provide extreme breathability to the feet and keep them dry. Furthermore, this material is durable for a long time. This could be a great choice for the office. One thing to remember while purchasing shoes with rubber soles is that they will require protection from exposure to water for long hours.
Benefits of leather soles:
- Leather soles are often termed classic and premium quality footwear.
- Leather soles allow proper air ventilation from the shoes which is beneficial in the humid climate.
- Leather soles have top-notch flexibility.
- Leather soles can quickly vent moisture from the feet.
- Leather soles don’t have a lasting durability that happens due to regular wear and tear.
- Leather soles lack proper traction.
- Leather soles are costly and need good maintenance and care to extend their lifespan.
Rubber Soles are water-resistant, durable and cheaper. There are multiple methods to produce them. The shoes with rubber soles could be a good choice for daily wear and use.
Benefits of Rubber soles:
- Rubber soles have a prolonged durability feature making them appropriate for exercises and everyday wear.
- Rubber soles give natural anti-slippery traction to prevent the shoe slippery on a damp surface.
- Rubber soles tend to have an excellent feature of shock absorption while movement.
- Rubber soles also have a water-resistant embedded feature that is beneficial in wet climates.
- Rubber soles lack breathability which can result in potential foot hampers.
- Rubber soles are heavy in weight because of the use of synthetic materials.
- Rubber soles do not act as a heat insulator which can affect your feet during summer.
PU soles or Polyurethane Soles
Benefits of Pu soles:
- PU or polyurethane soles have an excellent feature of abrasion to resist further wear and tear thus proving it has prolonged durability.
- They are light in weight compared to other soles and offer flexible movement.
- These soles can easily absorb any kind of shock while doing any activities thus reducing the joint strains.
- Unlike rubber soles, they act as an enhanced heat insulator.
- These soles have a loose gripping structure and thus fail to provide enough traction.
- They are non-biodegradable products that impact the environment.
Shoes containing PU soles or Polyurethane Soles are good for running purposes. They are durable, flexible, shock-resistant, wear-resting and light in weight. In addition, these are also resistant to slippery surfaces and have low density.
PVC soles or Polyvinyl Chloride Soles
PVC soles or Polyvinyl Chloride Soles are resistant to acid, oil and water. It can be used as an alternative to leather and with a cheaper amount. Additionally, these soles also provide great insulation.
Benefits of Polyvinyl Chloride Soles
- These Polyvinyl Chloride soles can easily endure rough and rugged surfaces which makes them suitable for intense training and sports.
- Water resistance acts as its best feature.
- Highly cost-effective than other soles.
- Also, they featured to have varied versatility in terms of textures and patterns of the shoes.
- It is the terrible product in terms of breathability and flexibility that can often result in uncomfortable situations.
- They are also non-biodegradable products that are harmful to the ecosystem.
Thermoplastic Rubber Shoe Soles
Thermoplastic Rubber Shoe Soles are high shock absorbent in nature. It also resists slippery surfaces. As they are not comfortable to wear for longer hours you can wear them while performing low-intensity activities.
Benefits of Thermoplastic Rubber Shoe Soles
- These thermoplastic rubber shoe soles have a prolonged durability and stability and results in excellent performance.
- They have an inbuilt feature of shock absorption and flexibility.
- They don’t have much drawbacks but the major one is they lacks enough breathability.
Cork Soles are like leather and provide a custom fit to the wearer after some time. It also provides breathability to feet. It is resistant to water. Cork Soles are durable and provide better grip on the surface. This is a good option if you want a cheaper version of leather but do not wear them on slippery surfaces as they cannot work with harsh weather conditions.
Benefits of Cork soles:
- The cork sole provides cushioning structure.
- They are highly customizable.
- They vent moisture easily.
- They don’t have enough durability and stability.
- They lack the system of tight gripping.
Commando Soles are popular among hiking and adventure categories shoes and boots. They provide great traction and are water resistant. They are heavier than other soles.
Benefits of Commando soles:
- Commando soles gives long lasting durable feature along with excellent movement.
- They have a tight gripping structure to resist any slippery surface.
- They are much heavier and do not allow easy movements.
- They are less flexible and comfortable.
Summary (Which sole is best for shoes?)
Choosing the right shoe and the right sole is a crucial part. You wear them at the office, for running, for walking, for your physical training and other activities. If you are little aware of what you are offering to your feet then you can get the best for them. The details mentioned above in the article ‘which sole is best for shoes?’ may have helped you to know which soles shoes would be a good investment for you and your activities.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Which sole is best for running shoes?
Rubber soles are the best for the running shoes. Because they have an effective gripping system along with prolonged durability and stability and thus prevent falls in the damp surfaces and makes it ideal for running.
2. Which sole is best for the rainy season?
Rubber soles and hydrophobic soles are the best for the rainy season because both these have the ability to reduce the risk of falling and allowing a tight grip that prevent the soles to get free from further water logging.
3. Which sole is best for the formal shoe wears?
Rubber soles, leather soles and the commando soles are the best formal shoe wears because they have a thicker design to prevent any falls in the rugged surfaces and also allowing an elegant and classic outlook.