Why we wear shoes because they provide comfort. When we feel comfortable when we have the right fit. How can we find the right fit, by finding the right size? How do we select the right shoe size, by reading this article ‘How to select shoe sizes?’ let’s learn about the important facts, therefore let’s just start it.
What is a shoe size?
The answer to the question ‘What is a shoe size? Lies to this statement. This says that the shoe size it’s exactly as its name says. The shoe size is the size of the shoe from heel to toe and also tells about the width of the shoe. It shows which shoe is narrow and which one is broad. Offline and online on both platforms, you will find a range of metric systems for shoe size.
Why should you spend time selecting a shoe size?
You should spend time selecting a shoe size because if you don’t then it may cost your health and safety. If you select a shoe size that is not appropriate for your feet, you may experience pain or a shoe bite and if it’s loose you may fall on the ground. That is why it is necessary to choose the correct shoe size for your comfort, safety, and health. The above reason is enough to identify why should you spend time selecting a shoe size.
How to identify the right shoe size?
Certain steps lead you to identify the right size for your shoes:
First, take the measurement of your feet. To measure that follow the following steps:
- Take a blank piece of paper and a marker. Place that paper on a flat surface and make it stick with the help of tape.
- Remove anything you are wearing on your feet like socks and stockings.
- Place your foot on the paper and draw an outline or border of the foot. If you cannot do that by yourself, ask for a helping hand.
- Repeat the same for your other foot as well.
- Take a ruler and measure the length of your foot by placing it in the middle of the drawing.
- Repeat with other footprints or drawing too. It will help to get an accurate result.
- Measure the width to find if your foot is narrow or wide.
- Make sure you make all the readings in one unit, for example, each in either centimetres or inches.
- Go to the standard chart of shoe sizes and match your measurements.
And here you go find the right measurement and size for your feet. Thus these above points prove the question ‘How to select shoe sizes?’
Tips that may help:
- Usually, one foot tends to be larger than the other. Therefore, try to take measurements of the larger foot and purchase shoes accordingly.
- The feet are swollen as the day progressed therefore take measurements in the middle of the day.
- If you need space in the toe section then consider it before making the purchase. Thus, these above tips may help you to answer the above question ‘How to select shoe sizes?’
What are the possible advantages and disadvantages of shoe sizes?
Advantages of the shoe size
- The major advantage of the shoe size is that it can assure you that you are purchasing the right pair according to the size of your feet. A shoe size also helps to determine the accurate measurements to help you choose your perfect fit and reduce the risk of a wrong purchase.
- While buying a shoe, the shoe size can reduce the risk of ill-fitting by allowing you to purchase in a convenient manner. Also, you can easily identify the right pair of shoes available by saving a lot of time and money.
- A shoe size offers flexible consistency and texture that might vary from brand to brand. Thus, maintaining an ideal size for your shoe can ease your shopping experience while purchasing a pair that fits you perfectly.
- The size adjustment in shoe size is highly important so that it can accommodate any kind of wider or normal foot shape to allow flexible movement.
Read Our Article:- What is Lace-Up Shoes?
Disadvantages of the shoe size
- The major disadvantage of the shoe size is that they don’t have proper and standardized sizing. Some brands try to prove that they have a proper consistency in their shoes however; the main thing they lack is a proper standardized size for all. Thus this problem can lead to various discrepancies which are not a good thing for the sizes of the shoe.
- Often times it is found that shoe sizes lack a proper measurement and this gets affected because of the factor like shoe designs, textures and materials. Thus, before purchasing a shoe, you need to try it on practically so that it gives you a proper fit and you don’t do a bad purchase.
- Sometimes foot sizes change due to certain factors like weight gain or ageing, thus you cannot always rely on the same shoe sizes for a long time.
- Also, a shoe size has a limited guideline chart that might not be helpful for everyone because some people can have a good disorder or it may not match with the personal preference of others.
The method mentioned above is the easiest method to find the right shoe size for your feet. This will help you to get the right shoe for your feet and also protect you from falling by wearing poorly fitted shoes. The right shoe size also keeps you away from foot problems. The steps are easy to follow and the standard size chart will help you further.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Does a shoe size vary by brand?
Yes, a shoe size varies by brand. Mainly for some reasonable factors like the manufacturing methods, accurate measurements, texture and shape of the shoe, styles and basic demographic needs according to a particular region.
2. Does shoe size and height correlate?
No, shoe size and shoe height never correlate. The size and the height of the shoe cannot be correlated because of the differences in the people’s feet due to their age and genetics and another thing is the changes in the growth structure for size the size and height of someone’s foot will change every time.
3. Are shoe sizes measured with inches?
No, shoe sizes cannot be measured in inches. Because the sizing systems vary and not all manufacturers measure in the same way. For example, some brands use to denote sizes with alphabetic orders while others especially in India use numbers to denote the shoe size.